ASSISTANT FEED MILL MANAGER
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:30 pm
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
$16.00 - $20.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for assisting the Manager in the day-to-day management of the mill, ensuring delivery of quality customer service, in the process of storing, mixing, and delivering of feed for cattle, hogs or poultry.
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow of the Feed Mill.
- Assisting with the supervision of the staff.
- Ensure the mill is kept clean including the grounds surround the mill.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly routine preventative maintenance tasks are conducted.
- Assist in maximizing the efficiency of the mill.
- Bag complete feeds
- Load complete feeds order on to trucks.
- Ensure that company safety practices are adhered to
- Receive ingredients into the mill – both bulk and bagged
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent sales, customer services, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology.
- Comprehensive understanding of feed mill policies and procedures.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to feed mill operations.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- School courses in agricultural education, mathematics and physics is a plus.
- Forklift truck operator’s license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50-80 pounds.