Job Number: AS666936223
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Purchasing of raw materials and shop supplies
- Negotiating price and terms with vendors
- Ensuring that goods are delivered on time and without issue.
- Review blueprints, specifications, and bill of materials to ensure all material is ordered correctly and meets customer specifications.
- Quote and procure metal & other raw materials and shop supplies.
- Be responsible for creating and releasing purchase orders.
- Define the correct buying channel for each request; choose the best supplier in terms of price, quality, and lead time.
- Review confirmations and order acknowledgements to ensure timely deliveries.
- Follow-up on RFQ’s and PO’s to verify pricing and lead time/delivery.
- Manage vendor relationships:
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and create new ones, evaluating suppliers based on quality, price, and reliability.
- Set up new vendors in our system with all required documentation.
- Communicate closely with the sales team, production, machining, and engineering departments to keep them updated with any changes to delivery dates.
- Strictly adhere to ethics policies.
- Manufacturing background required.
- 3+ years of previous experience in Purchasing / Procurement.
- Understanding and knowledge of engineering drawings, technical specifications, various grades of materials, mechanical properties, and certifications including mill certs, Charpy Impact Requirements, MTR’s, COA’s NDE’s, COO’s & COC’s.
- Extensive knowledge of metal/steel.
- Understanding and knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must speak English or be proficient Bi-lingual.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Have time management & organizational skills, and strong written & verbal communication skills.