Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
$14.04 per hour
The Claim Processor will be responsible for recording new claims, investigating claims, and paying claims due. As a customer service professional, he/she will also receive inbound phone and mail inquiries and requests from customers including funeral homes and beneficiaries. The Claim Processor’s goal each day is to ensure each customer interaction results in a positive experience and an accurate work product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Answer incoming telephone inquiries in a professional, accurate and comprehensive manor
• Respond to basic questions from insured, agents, funeral homes and beneficiaries.
• Prepare correspondence and other policy documents as needed.
• Process claims including obtaining necessary documentation to make a coverage determination. Claims must be paid accurately and within established time standards.
• Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure the required service levels, quality and customer satisfaction standards are met.
• Efficiently utilizes resources to provide accurate and timely information and guidance to customers.
• Effectively operates systems and applications including computer desktop, Microsoft Outlook, phone systems and the Internet.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High School degree or equivalent training or experience in a business-related field, or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required.
• Minimum Experience: Prior customer service experience preferred.
• Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources. Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical. Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information. Must be able to type a minimum of 25 WPM. Successful completion of Proficiency Assessments. Proficiency with computers is mandatory. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and keyboard shortcuts is desired.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment, are required. Ability to work in a team environment to develop integrity, trust, and respect of coworkers at all levels.