Industry: MACHINE OPERATOR/MACHINIST
Job Number: AS4392711120
Friday - Sunday
6:00 am - 6:30 pm
$19.00 - $22.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts safe and timely setup of CNC equipment using the Setup Checklist
- Programs CNC machine using process flow sheet processing steps and tooling sequence
- Edits CNC programs, as required, to attain optimal quality/quantity production
- Makes machine/tooling adjustments and CNC programming changes to bring non-conforming out-put into specifications
- Informs the Group Leader/Supervisor of any operating or material condition that would interfere with quality/quantity production
- Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools and equipment utilized, to include, tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluid level/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
- Performs dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure quality product is produced including 1st Article Inspection
- Conducts tool setup
- Changes perishable tooling that is worn or damaged
- Ensures timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures
- Makes suggestions for alternate responsibilities when application allows additional internal time
- Meets cycle time rates established for specific part numbers
- Reads and interprets machine shop blueprints
- Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approved collection containers
- Operates material handling equipment when moving materials into, around, or out of the department
- Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage, bore gage, and attribute style gages
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures
- Performing other tasks and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have 1 to 2 years of experience as a CNC Machinist
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and write to comply with written instructions and complete departmental paperwork
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Must be able to understand complex CNC machines including vertical and horizontal milling, lathe/mill combination machines, and engine lathes operations.
- Must understand customer’s detailed drawings and notify engineers of capability issues.