Monday – Friday, must be able to work weekends
6:00 am – 2:00 pm or
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
$10. 25 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Coordinates timing of preparation of food to meet service schedules for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Cooks meat, fish, and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling, and steaming.
- Understands department standards of food quality and recipe tasting..
- Counts and marks all snack items for diabetes and special need patients.
- Stocks condiment items utilized on the tray line
- Checks each tray on line, ensuring there are no mistakes in diet..
- Promptly delivers food carts to patient unit as soon as they are loaded.
- Retrieves dirty meal carts from floor units after meal service.
- Loads and oversees the dishwasher. Washes, sanitizes, and puts away patient trays, dishes, and cooking utensils.
- Washes pots, pans, and knives by hand as specified by department manager.
- Places clean dishware and utensils to proper places in the kitchen.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, walls, and floors; Cleans refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas as needed or scheduled.
- Unpacks and stores food products after delivery. Ensures all foods are properly rotated, dated, and stored within the appropriate storage unit.
- Keeps supplies neat, organized, and in their assigned location.
- Maintains a clean work area, following a cleaning schedule.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers, staff, patients and visitors.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Has Basic Food Handlers Certification at hire or receives within 3 months.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Extended periods of walking, standing, lifting and sitting.
- Occasional heavy lifting in excess of 40 lbs, heavy pushing, reaching, repetitive actions.
- 1 year prior experience in food service preferred
- Demonstrates competence
- Good listening and communication skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills