FOOD SAFETY/QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
$70,000 per year
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs food safety and quality control program designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs.
- Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to validate present programs and to establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Manages workers engaged in activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to food safety and quality management.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Initiates root cause analysis and directs corrective action for procedural product or process deficiencies.
- Manages installation, inspection, and testing procedures for finished products.
- Recommends corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality and food safety specifications and standards.
- Manages and investigates customer complaints regarding food safety and product quality and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Work as a part of a company team that is dedicated to accomplishing our company mission and is committed to food safety and quality management.
- Interact with customers and key accounts as related to quality, food safety and product improvement/development.
- Provide guidance and technical support for the operations team that facilitates building quality into product without sole emphasis on inspection.
- Assist in administration of quality, food safety, and GFSI Certification programs including maintaining full document registry in an on-line information portal.
- Serve as a liaison for regulatory agencies including USDA-FSIS, USDA-AMS and FDA.
- Lead all food safety, quality audits and GFSI Audits.
- Administer and maintain customer required Certifications (e.g., GAP).
- Administer the Quality Assurance Module in the company Shop Floor System.
- Manage product specification catalog.
- Provide technical assistance in FSIS and FDA labeling application and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for administering Product Traceability, Product Recall and Product Hold program and assigning final disposition(s) to hold product.
- Responsible updating and reporting key elements to the management team.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or commensurate experience in the food and beverage industry
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years DIRECTLY RELATED work experience; 2 years Slaughter experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, SSOP and Prerequisite Programs
- GFSI (BRC or SQF) experience and/or certified preferred
- Knowledge of USDA-FSIS regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Team leader with high ethical standards
- HACCP Plan Development and Implementation required;
- Advanced HACCP-Verification, Validation and Auditing a HACCP System preferred.
- SQF Practitioner or BRC Trained