Monday - Friday
Various shifts available
$23.00 - $25.00 per hour
$1.00 per hour, shift differential
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare parts for coating
- Follow all principles and practices of powder coating application
- Operate all coating equipment including guns, hoppers and booth collection systems
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects
- Determine paint flow, viscosity and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using viscometers
- Knowledge of thermosetting resin coatings, wash and pretreatments
- Ensure that all components are produced/coated efficiently, and are consistent with company established goals for quality and customer order on-time performance
- Ensure quality standards and processes are used throughout facility
- Ensure safety guidelines are being met to assure a safe work environment
- Load and unload parts or product onto fixtures
- Good knowledge of the mechanics and repair of painting equipment
- Proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Apply multiple coats according to paint directions.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Clean up work areas, equipment, supplies and materials; apply standard safety practices and procedures.
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Utilize spray guns for large jobs.