Industry: MACHINE OPERATOR/MACHINIST
Job Number: SR900812316
10 hour shifts
Monday - Thursday
4:00 pm - 2:30 am
$17.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- responsible for setting up and operating manufacturing machines to ensure adherence to production schedule and safety and quality standards, in accordance with all procedures and guidelines.
- Sets up and operates numerically controlled equipment to perform machining operations, such as turning, boring, facing and threading parts.
- Loads workpieces manually and checks overall length with tape measure.
- Depresses buttons, toggles, or sets tape and starts machining operation.
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
- Inspects pieces for conformance to specifications using thread gauges.
- Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA and GEO-specific Health and Safety expectations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in manufacturing or machining environment.
- Good attention to detail.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs.