QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who must be well organized and who is able to organize and coordinate a team. They must possess well-developed problem-solving capabilities, and have a basic understanding of USDA, FDA, and State regulations as well as the knowledge of where to find more detailed information as needed. They must also have a full understanding of the company’s HACCP Plan, GMP’s, and SSOP’s. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work well with others as a team member. They will proactively improve the quality systems of the company through internal audits, participation in process improvement programs, and interaction with key partners to obtain constructive feedback.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the Quality Assurance activities for all phases of production.
- Fill in with Quality Assurance activities when needed.
- Schedules Quality Assurance Technicians
- Directs product quality analysis, conducts periodic facility inspections, participates in resolution of quality related issues.
- Customer complaints coordination and follow up.
- Develop, implement, audit, and maintain the HACCP plan, pre-requisite programs, SOPs, GMPs, SSOPS, and QA procedures with regard to quality, sanitation, and pest control activities.
- Ensure compliance with USDA, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Assure the proper labeling of all products within the guidelines of the company, USDA, and FDA
- Maintain documentation required of the department.
- Ensure the standards of the BRC are upheld.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, or Food/ Meat Science
- HACCP Training certification and experience in HACCP implementation and verification
- Previous experience with BRC or SQF audits
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
- 3+ years' relevant management and work experience
- Working computer knowledge and capability
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail