SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
$64,500 - $90,000 per year
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly financial reviews and analysis.
- Review financial accounting information on a regular basis and effectively document, certify
- correctness/completeness, investigate, report, and explain variances, propose changes as necessary, and report results of analysis.
- Prepare month-end close journal entries for accruals and any reclassification or adjustment entries required based on review and investigation of actual expenses.
- Responsible For the accuracy of the financial recording of all third party and intercompany revenues including clearing errors for accurate accounting postings, variance analysis, forecasting and creation of monthly sales report for Sales Director.
- Responsible for the review and reporting of third party and intercompany receivables.
- Review the variance accounts and documentation monthly as provided by the Cost Analyst.
- Ensure confidentiality and integrity of financial data and ensure compliance with GAAP, Tremco policies, and SOX.
- Aid Controller in maintaining internal controls across all areas of plant management.
- Serve in a supporting role for internal and external auditors for the plant.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Suggest process improvements to senior management using analytics to support those recommendations. Actively participates in the implementation of approved processes and changes, including internal controls and written procedures.
- Creates informative, actionable, and repeatable reports highlighting relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with the development, consolidation, and analysis of the annual planning process; works directly with cost center managers to review assumptions and identify potential problems, enters data into various accounting/reporting software, and prepares plan exhibits.
- Acts as a liaison between departments regarding reporting requirements; creates and improves management reports and analyses as business needs arise; recommends techniques to improve efficiency, cost
- containment, and productivity; maintains and communicates month, quarter, and year-end reports; conducts training sessions for other departments as necessary.
- Provides data, input, and financial direction on various special projects including but not limited to strategic initiatives, customer profitability, pricing, and budgetary decisions.
- Serves as the Concur delegate for Corsicana.
- Assists with any other ad hoc account and financial analysis requirements as necessary and identifies issues and initiates improvements to existing processes and reports.
- Backup of the Cost Analyst position for Corsicana (product costings, variance reporting, all month end tasks and reporting, etc.) as required
- Back up of the Controller in forecasting and reporting as required.
- Develops procedures, performs a variety of complex duties within established guidelines; delivers a defined set of assignments, sets priorities, and meets specific goals and objectives.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- regulations, write reports; business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and responds questions from diverse groups
- Working in a standard business office environment with occasional visits to manufacturing plants.
- Bachelor degree, Accounting from an accredited university.
- Four to seven years related experience.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Public accounting and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Work with mathematical concepts (probability, statistical inference, and plane and solid geometry and trigonometry and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis, month-end close, financial reporting, etc.
- Strong PC aptitude with excellent Excel skills required.
- Familiarity with accounting/financial reporting software (HFM, Hyperion Planning, Lease Accelerator, OnBase, and SAP experience preferred).
- Ability to work overtime when required for closing activities and special projects.