TOOL AND DIE MAKER
Monday - Friday
4:00 am – 12:00 pm or
5:30 am – 2:00 pm
$23.25 - $27.75 per hour DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, layout, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and machines to close tolerance.
- Operate manual lathes, manual mills, CNC lathes, CNC mills, edms, surface grinders and saws safely and efficiently.
- Heat treat steel when required.
- Assume responsibility for work area assigned.
- Ability to reproduce sections and punches with or without prints.
- Ability to check and correct progression in dies.
- Verify dimensions and alignment on dies
- Work with progressive dies, draw dies, and some plastic injection molding and
- various fixtures.
- Operate all tool room manual machines, milling Lathe, surface grinders and hand surface grinders holding tight tolerances.
- Program and operate CNC Mill, Wire EDM and CNC Lathe.
- Build complete dies or just replacement die details (with and without die
- Repair and troubleshoot dies
- Set of tools needed to build tooling sections and dies.
- Trade School or 5 Year Work Experience.
- Experience using Auto Cad and Cad-Cam packaged software.
- Heat treatment processes knowledge and experience.