Monday - Thursday
5:00 am - 3:30 pm, must be able to work overtime
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans work activities using experience and judgment to complete projects per the requirements of the production schedule and manufacturing standards. May adapt or recommend new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Joins surfaces, fabricates or repairs parts of metal or other weldable materials using advanced welding skills as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts. May need to interpret engineering drawings and DBI’s.
- Performs fit-up and weld out of projects following established procedures and instructions and consistently meets or exceeds quality, safety and production requirements for assigned projects.
- Lies out and marks weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
- Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards. Completes inspection documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Reports all discrepancies with manufacturing standards.
- Assists in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues.
- Models good housekeeping and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Models working practices and makes others aware of safety issues in work area. Participates in safety awareness program.
- May serve as a lead (see Lead job description for details).
- Demonstrated competency to operate clad equipment, perform local stress relief and operate PWHT ovens.
- Participates, supports and sustains a high 5s level.
- Consistently produces high quality product within standard times.
- Completes paperwork and assist in policing buffer-queue-run part flow.
- Learns and follows safety procedures. Participates in safety awareness program.
- Must have the ability to read, write, & comprehend written and verbal English.
- Training at a Trade School or Welding Apprentice Program or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Must have the ability to comprehend all internal documents such as machining and fabrication engineering drawings, bills of material and work orders, quality and safety documents.
- Must be able to understand written descriptions on work orders and be able to perform basic math problems. Must be able to perform functions of Welder I – III.
- Applies pre-heat. Performs pipe welding requirements with minimal supervision/assistance. Applies local stress relief.
- Performs and documents PWHT oven operation.
- Maintains a high 5s standard.
- Must have ability to measure and understand measurements using a tape measure and protractor.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts and cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Six months mechanical experience preferred.
- Must have passed all certification relevant position.
- Exposure to manufacturing or welding environment preferred.
- Typically has four to seven years welding experience in a similar industry.